The Newborough East Primary School Council is a group of dedicated parents and staff who oversee the planning of the school’s future. The council has been instrumental in past improvements and actively carries on this tradition.
The council meets on the final Monday of each month at 6.00 pm in the staff room. All members of the NEPS school community are welcome and encouraged to attend these meetings. If you’d like further information about when the next meeting is please make contact.
Tasks of the council include:
- Establishing broad direction and vision within the school’s community.
- Developing and monitoring the school’s strategic plan.
- Developing, reviewing and updating school policies, the Student Code of Conduct and the School Dress Code.
- Raising funds for school related purposes.
- Approving the annual budget and monitoring expenditure.
- Maintaining school grounds and facilities.
- Reporting annually to the school community and the Department of Education and Training.
School Councilors often volunteer to be involved in at least one sub-committee. Sub-committees generally meet monthly and work as an advisory group to the rest of the school council.
Current sub-committees include:
- Building and Grounds
- Community Relations
- Fund Raising
To find out more about Victorian School Councils click here